Monday, October 18, 2010

Jack Shipley's obituary




Jack Shipley – Born in Austin ,Texas and on November 24, 2006 he entered into the kingdom of his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is survived by his wife of 58 years, Jo Shipley, 1 son, Jerry Shipley and wife Cathleen, 3 daughters Sue Perry and husband Ron, Cathy Brooks and husband Mark, Jackie Townsend and husband Doug, 4 granddaughters Emily Smith and husband Charles, Sarah Gonzales and husband Josh, Rachel and Liza Townsend, 6 grandsons, Brad Brooks and wife Becky, David King and wife Janian, Adam Perry, Andrew and Noah Shipley, Jordan Brooks, 2 great-grandchildren. J.J. Gonzales and Hannah Brooks. He is also survived by one brother Wallace and wife Faye, niece Shelia, nephew Larry, great aunt Myrtice Creekmore and husband Lefty. He is preceded in death by his parents Humphrey and Gladys Shipley. Visitation will be from 2:00 to 5:00p.m. Sunday, November 26, 2006 at Restland Funeral Home. Service will be at 10:30a.m. on Monday, November 27, 2006 at Lavon Drive Baptist Church, 1520 Lavon Dr., Garland, Texas 75040, 972-272-7557. 
I didn't get to say goodbye to my grandpa, I didn't even know he was that sick. One day I was on my way to work and I got a call from my Dad saying that Pop had died, I was like what???? How come no one told me that he was dying? Needless to say I couldn't work that day. Death is not fun, I hate it! Even though he was my step grandpa he was still my grandpa. I love him and miss him terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment