Thursday, October 28, 2010

Growing Up With Jordan

This is the result of Jack and Jo Shilpley
I was born on April 8, 1988 to Mark and DeLana Brooks in Dallas, Texas. I grew up in Rockwall, Texas and have lived there for the entire 22 years of my life. When I was in kindergarten my parents divorced and my mother raised my brother and I. However, my parents agreed to have split custody of my brother and I; meaning my mom had primary custody and my dad had secondary. Every Wednesday and every other weekend I would spend at my dad's house.
Brad Brooks
Growing up in a split home is pretty much all I know. My step-mom, Cathy, and her children also had the same living conditions. So, my dad and Cathy decided that it would be best if the two sets of kids were at the house on the same weekend. I was the youngest out of the four kids, and my brother was the oldest. My two step-siblings were in the middle. David King and Sarah Costa are Cathy's children with Sarah being the older of the two.
My step-sister: Sarah Gonzales
The summer between third and fourth grade my mom moved me and my brother to Rowlett, Texas but my dad stayed in Rockwall, so I can say that I have lived in Rockwall my entire life since I lived with both parents.
My step-brother: David King
Being raised in two homes had its perks. For a child, who would like having two Christmas's? In actuality I had about four Christmas's because we would go to my grandparent’s house on my dad's side and then my grandparents on my step-mom's side.
Now that I'm older and understand what was going on in my childhood I could see how it could affect some children, but for me, being only 5 when this started, it didn’t really phase me. I grew to love my step-siblings and that side of the family and didn’t see them as "the other family".

1 comment:

  1. guess I should have clarified who is in this picture!

    This is my sept family. My three aunts and uncle with their wives and kids! Mustache's must have been popular then.

    ReplyDelete